Paediatric Eye Check Up
What is Paediatric Eye check up ?
Early detection of any glasses number is important as vision development complete at age of 7 years . Sometimes after this age vision does not improve even with glasses and child develops Lazy eye.
A standard ophthalmic exam is also known as a comprehensive eye exam or a routine eye exam.
How often should we get an ophthalmic check up for children
Children and teens
They should also get their vision screened at these stages:
- once between ages 6 and 12 months old
- once between ages 12 months and 3 years old
- once between ages 3 and 5 years old
- every 1 to 2 years after 5 years old
These screenings will help their doctor determine whether a more comprehensive exam is needed.
Commonly known as ‘minus number’ or short sightedness. It can develop in childhood and generally worsen till age of 18-20.
Symptoms of myopia include:
- Sitting close to TV
- Not able to see what is written on board in school
- Holding books close to face
- Disinterest in playing sports that require distance vision