Eye Doctor in Wakad
Dr. Farida Ravat
Dr. Farida Ravat is one of the most recommended eye doctor in Wakad. She has completed her master’s from one of the most prestigious institutions in India M&J Western Regional Eye Institute, BJ Medical College, Ahmedabad in 2006. After post-graduation, she completed her Fellowship in Phacoemulsification (cataract surgery) under 2008-Under the Guidance of Dr. Abhay Vasavada, a Pioneer of phacoemulsification in India and one of the 50 best eye surgeons in the world. In 2008, she did Fellowship in Glaucoma-Under Guidance of Dr. Mayuri Khamar – a renowned glaucoma surgeon.
Since 2009, Dr. Farida is practicing in Pune. She worked with Dr. Sangeeta Wagh, Senior Cornea surgeon for 3 years, for treating various corneal disorders. From 2012 onward she worked with Dr. Kishore Pahuja, Senior ophthalmic surgeon in Pimpri Chinchwad for 5 years. In 2014, she started her own practice at Anmol eye clinic, Wakad.
Over years, Dr. Farida Ravat has gathered vast experience in cataract diagnosis and treatment- (Phacoemulsification surgery). She has wide knowledge in managing corneal disorder, glaucoma, computer vision syndrome, children eye problem, dry eyes and ocular surface disorders. She is very professional in her area of work.
- Fellowship in Phacoemulsification (under guidance of Dr Abhay R. Vasavada) Sep 2006 –Sep 2008
- Fellowship in Glaucoma (under guidance of Dr Mayuri Khamar)July 2006 – Sep 2006
- M.S (Ophthalmology)July 2003-June 2006
- M.B,B.S Aug 1997- May 2002
- Director and consultant- Anmol eye clinic, wakad , Pune.
- Ex-Associate surgeon -Wagh eye clinic , Shivaji nagar , Pune.
- Ex-Associate surgeon – Natasha eye care and research center, Pimple saudagar , Pune.
- DisCoVisc versus the soft-shell technique using Viscoat and Provisc in phacoemulsification: Randomized clinical trial, J Cataract Refract Surg. 2008 July;34(7): 1145-51, Mamidipudi R Praveen, Archana Koul, Abhay R Vasavada, Deepak Pandita, Nirmit Dixit, Farida F Dahodwala.
- Intraoperative performance and postoperative outcomes of cataract surgery in infant eyes with microphthalmos: J Cataract Refract Surg. 2009,35: 519-528,Viraj A. Vasavada, MS, Nirmit V. Dixit, MS, Farida A. Ravat, MS, M. R. Praveen, DOMS, Sajani K. Shah, DO, MS, Vaishali Vasavada, MS, Abhay R. Vasavada, MS, Rupal H. Trivedi, MD, MSCR
- Intraoperative posterior capsule flutter in posterior lentiglobus Journal of AAPOS Volume 14, Issue 4 , Pages 367-368, August 2010 Mamidipudi R. Praveen, DOMS, Abhay R. Vasavada, MS, FRCS ,Archana Koul, MS, Farida A. Ravat, MS Rupal H. Trivedi, MD, MSCR,Sajani K. Shah, DO, MSVaishali A. Vasavada, MS
- Five –Year Postoperative outcomes of Bilateral Aphakia and Pseudophakia in Children up to 2Years OF Age: A Randomised Clinical trial; Am J Ophthalmol:2018 Sep;193:33-44. Abhay R. Vasavada, MS,Vaishali Vasavada, MS, Sajani K. Shah, DO, MS , , M. R. Praveen, DOMS, , Viraj Vasavada, MS, Rupal H. Trivedi, MD, Farida. Rawat, MS, Archana Koul
- Surgical management of cataract in infants with microphthalmos- results and complications- Free paper- Pediatric ophthalmology session, AIOC (All India Ophthalmic Conference) Bangalore, Feb 2008.
- Comparison of ingress of bacterial inoculum in to the anterior chamber following bimanual and microcoaxial phacoemulsification in rabbits – Free paper- cataract session, AIOC (All India Ophthalmic Conference) Bangalore, Feb 2008.
- Evaluation of intraoperative performance and post operative outcome of torsional versus longitudinal phacoemulsification – A prospective randomized masked clinical trial, Workshop on Phacoemulsification, Iladevi Cataract & IOL Research Centre, 2007.